Tuesday, June 22

Running in Unionville

For Father's Day, I traveled home to Pennsylvania.  Along with a bottomless bread basket (CARBS) and a wing of the house to myself, I also enjoyed running on the softer country road.  From my house, I ran into a nearby town and back... It was not the most scenic outing, but being alone on the road felt... pioneeresque! One is never alone in NY, always exposed and always surrounded.  Plus, tasting wheat and pollen instead of dust or stale seaweed (West Side Highway, though I love that taste) was refreshing.

Today's team run in Central Park was all about arm technique and maximizing lower arm swings.  We ran two lower loops of the park (1.7mi x2) and then it started to rain... to POUR. Lauren and I walked blissfully through the rain, wishing we were hidden away in one of the groves!

No comments:

Post a Comment